Friday, September 16, 2016

20 books of my favorite books

I've always liked to read. Some of the books on this list are not exclusively "girl books". Because I have two younger brothers, I have been in many sword fights, rubber band wars and backyard battles. As a result, I happen to be a fan of quite a few swashbuckling adventures. Well, without further ado, here are 20 books of my favorite books that I think every girl should read.

1. The Bible

2. Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery

3. The Story Girl by Lucy Maud Montgomery

4. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

5. Little Men by Louisa May Alcott

6. Persuasion by Jane Austen

7. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

8. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

9. Billy Budd, Sailor by Herman Melville

10. Shakespeare's Sonnets

11. The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien

12. The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis (This is actually 7 books in all, but they aren't long.)

13. Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis

14. The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom

15. The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien

16. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett

17. Swiss Family Robinson by Johann David Wyss

18. Redwall by Brian Jacques

19. The White Gypsy by Anette Lyster

20. At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon

No comments:

Post a Comment