Friday, January 27, 2017

Tera's Top Twenty Tips for Injury Prevention

From my previous posts, I suppose my readers have figured out that I am serious about my training. As a fencing athlete, I have experienced quite a number of minor injuries that kept me down for at least a few weeks. Because these set-backs have really hindered me in my training, I have recently been researching injury prevention for athletes. Here are twenty top tips.

1. Stay hydrated.

2. Try balance exercises.

3. Get 7-9 hours of sleep.

4. Warm up before a workout.

5. Cool down after a workout.

6. NEVER skip stretching.

7. Ice sore joints and muscles before they get too serious.

8. Check your form during workouts or drills.

9. Try yoga.

10. Try pilates.

11. Take one or two rest days during the week.

12. Maintain a proper diet.

13. Don't ignore the pain.

14. Wear proper gear

15. Do joint strengthening exercises when involved in high impact sports.

16. Listen to your body.

17. Choose a level place to train.

18. Don't neglect back exercises.

19. Understand the exercise before you do it.

20. Work up to where you want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment